José Sanchis Grau Awards
Heroes Comic Con València has the pleasure to present I José Sanchis Grau Awards that will be awarded during the celebration of Heroes Comic Con València. The election of this name supposes a deserved homage to one of the great figures of the Valencian School of cómic, and in definitive a homage to the Spanish comic strip.
José Sanchis Grau (Valencia, 1932-2011) will be remembered by all as the creator of the Pumby kitten. Inspired by the cartoons of Walt Disney and the Moro Studios, Sanchis created a particular universe of anthropomorphic animals led by the cat Pumby, thus signing some of the brightest episodes of the Spanish comic. Tireless worker, He created – in addition to Pumby – characters like Gaspar, Benjamin and his gang, Captain Mostachete or soldier Pepe, until Robin Robot.
The different categories are:
- Best Spanish graphic novel
- Best European graphic novel
- Best illustrated album
- Best illustrated children’s album
- Spanish author of the year
- European author of the year
- Lifetime Achievement Award (internal choice)
- Future talent of the comic Award
- Divina Pastora special prize: to the initiative -we’re asking the author, institution, administration, editorial …- that the comic has been used for social purposes. (internal choice).
- Año 1.000: La Sangre, Manolo Matji & Sergio Córdoba (Aleta/Evolution Comics)
- Arde Cuba, Agustín Ferrer Casas (Grafito Editorial)
- Atraco a mano alzada, Javier Ara & Lundi (Drakul Editorial)
- Espacios en blanco, Miguel Francisco (Astiberri)
- Larson: El hombre con más suerte del mundo, Javi de Castro (Modernito Books)
- La Levedad, Catherine Meurisse (Impedimenta)
- Los Ogros Dioses:Pequeño, Hubert & Bertrand Gatignol (ECC Ediciones)
- Shi, Zidrou & Homs (Norma Editorial)
- Una Hermana, Bastien Vivès (Diábolo Ediciones)
- Valerosas 1, Penelope Bagieu (Dibbuks)
- Cinco Relatos Apasionados, Sergio Bleda (Dibbuks)
- Elisa en el corazón del laberinto, Ana Juan (Contempla)
- En Transición, Ana Penyas (Barlin Libros)
- La Bella Durmiente, Sergio García (Dibbuks)
- Mandrak Moors: Mater Luna, Victoria Francés (Norma Editorial)
- El Castillo de los Siete Ojos, Alejandro Segura (Drakul Editorial)
- Finn y Sep: El Laberinto de los gnomos, Peter Goes (Libros del Zorro Rojo)
- L´interrogant Gegant, Sebastià Serra (Edicions Bromera)
- La Huida de Peggy Sue, Federico Delicado (Nordica Libros)
- Luces Nocturnas, Lorena Álvarez (Astiberri)
- Agustín Ferrer for Arde Cuba (Grafito Editorial)
- David Sánchez for Un Millón de Años (Astiberri)
- El Torres for Camisa de Fuerza (Dibbuks)
- Marcos Martín for Barrier (Panel Syndicate)
- Paco Roca for La Encrucijada (Astiberri)
- Bastien Vivès for Una Hermana (Diábolo Ediciones)
- Claudel & Manu Larcenet for El informe de Brodeck (Norma Editorial)
- Olivier Schrauwen for Arsène Schrauwen (Fulgencio Pimentel)
- Penelope Bagieu for Valerosas 1 (Dibbuks)
- Zidrou & Homs for Shi (Norma Editorial)
- Anabel Colazo
- Ertito Montana
- Javier Ara
- Xulia Vicente
- The nominated works and authors must have been published in Europe from January 1 to December 31, 2017. Future talent of comic, lifetime achievement and Divina Pastora Special Price are not subject to this period.
- Each member of our network of professionals must select 5 candidates for each category, specifying the name and the work.
- The period to send proposals for each member of our network of professionals will be from December 11, 2017 to January 31, 2018 at 23.59, after this period we won’t accept more candidates’ proposals.
- After the sum of all the proposed candidates, the top 5 professionals / works voted in each category will be the final nominees.
- Subsequently, after the publication of the 5 final nominees for each category, these will be voted again by the professionals until February 18 at 23.59 to reach the election of the winners.
- If a professional wants to join this network of professionals in the Spanish comics industry, he must send this request to email@example.com (name, surnames, professional profile within the comic, link that proves his professional work within the comic). ALL proposals and votes will be checked, please do not share voting links as they will not be counted as being null.
- The categories to a whole life dedicated to the comic and Divina Pastora to the initiative has been used comic for social purposes will be chosen by an internal jury.